Conservative Books and DVD’s
Cruz is campaigning against establishment Republican Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.
Cruz has endorsed by GING-PAC, Sarah Palin, and Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) for the Senate.
Dewhurst, on the other hand, has little support outside of his cronies in Austin – including a lobbyist for the city.
Cruz has just written an open letter to Dewhurst pointing out that Dewhurst refuses to openly debate the issues facing our nation.
In his letter, Cruz notes:
• It is a fact that under your leadership, the sanctuary cities bill did not pass into law.
• It is a fact that under your leadership, the TSA groping bill did not pass into law and according to at least one Senator, you personally solicited the help of a Democrat Senator to kill the TSA bill.
• It is a fact that under your leadership, you led the effort to increase spending and the overall state budget grew $72 billion – from $116 billion in 2003-2004 to $188 billion 2010-2011. And while you claim to have “cut” the 2012-2013 budget, it is a fact that you “kicked the can down the road” by utilizing 24 months of revenue for 19 months of services in the most recent budget and consistently utilized accounting tricks, against the wishes of conservatives.
• It is a fact that while you blame the “All Funds” budget increase on federal mandates, you repeatedly led the charge to INCREASE federal entitlement spending by arguing that more Texans should be eligible for Medicaid and you used federal stimulus dollars to “balance the budget.”
• It is a fact that in 2007, you stated that you supported a guest worker program “for those here today illegally” Dewhurst: Mr. South Texas Furthermore, after the Houston Chronicle confirmed this fact by providing a web link to the text of your speech on your taxpayer-funded website, that the text of your “Mr. South Texas” speech suddenly disappeared from the website.
• It is a fact that you did support and actively encourage the passage of a “payroll tax” in 2005.
Ted Cruz deserves the support of social conservatives. Please support the work of GING-PAC in electing men and women like Cruz to the U.S. Senate and House in 2012. Donate today!