Government Is Not God is a political action committee for social conservatives founded in 1992 by William J. Murray who is currently the chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition.
The mission of Government Is Not God – PAC is the election to Congress of men and women who hold conservative beliefs on both moral and economic issues. Candidates seeking GING-PAC support must complete a questionnaire concerning their stand on issues such as abortion, gambling, drug use, home schooling, school prayer, property rights, Second Amendment rights, welfare, defense and taxation.
- GING-PAC is different in one very important way from the Christian Coalition or the Liberty Alliance or other “education” groups. We believe these groups do a wonderful work. But, the federal government does not allow them to directly support candidates for office.
- GING-PAC is a real social conservative Political Action Committee. GING-PAC can do more than educate people about the candidates — much more.
- GING-PAC can run radio and TV ads favoring candidates who openly support Judeo-Christian values. GING-PAC can even give money directly to those candidates for their campaigns.
- GING-PAC stands for Government Is Not God Political Action Committee. The name says it all. We support candidates who believe that God is God and the Government should never try to be!
- GING-PAC supports only candidates who affirm that they are pro-life, pro-family and stand firmly against the unbiblical welfare state that is destroying the spiritual and economic greatness of our nation.
The GING-PAC bottom line belief is that government should not play God. Families, not the federal government, are ordained of God to rear and educate children and to manage their own affairs. Government is Not God – PAC works to elect to office Congressmen and Senators who share that belief!